Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chef

So Ive been working on a painting lately for a chef, Dr. Kenneth Willhoite, in Atlanta. He owns a museum called the "Soul Food Museum," and he does a lot of work with the community. He's been a lot of places. If your interested you can check him out at:

http://www.soulfoodmuseum.org

Anyway, I have been working on this painting for a couple weeks now. Its at an almost finished stage now, I just have to put some finishing touches on it. Here's how it looked about a week ago:



There are still a couple of small changes I need to make on his eyes (that I haven't done yet), but his face and hands were nearly complete at this stage. Only thing left to do was the background. I haven't got a photo yet of the stage its in now, but I can say that the background is completed, along with the tricky neon lights back there. Ill upload the current stage when I get a chance.

The important thing about this painting is that it wasn't a commission. I was inspired to do a painting of him when my family and I met him. I will give him the painting though, because there is a strong possibility that it could appear on the Oprah show with him, along with being the front cover of his book. This would be such a blessing if all goes well, so Im praying on it.

1 comment:

Tyler Scarlet said...

Nice man! It's looking good! Hope everything goes well! :D